Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
QUIZ ME ON DIANA SAYS CHARLES AIDE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: QUIZ ME ON DIANA SAYS CHARLES AIDE Reply with quote

QUIZ ME ON DIANA SAYS CHARLES AIDE
I have ‘special information’ claims spin doctor
Daily Express Weekend
5 Mar 2006

By Camilla Tominey and Gordon Thomas

PRINCE Charles’s ex-spin doctor has sensationally volunteered to give evidence to the inquiry into Princess Diana’s death.

Mark Bolland says he has “special knowledge” to pass on to former Metropolitan Police chief Lord Stevens.

Mr Bolland was the only member of the royal household to accompany Prince Charles to Paris after Diana’s death.

His willingness to tell what he knows of the days that followed the tragedy will send a shudder through Clarence House. Aides to the Prince are still reeling at revelations by Mr Bolland during the High Court action brought by the Prince last month against a Sunday newspaper, in which judgment was reserved.

READY TO SPEAK OUT: Mark Bolland was with the Prince at the Paris hospital where Diana die

Charles aide to ‘ cooperate fully’ in Diana death probe

Mr Bolland, 39, who worked for the Prince from 1996 to 2002, eventually becoming his deputy private secretary, told the Sunday Express: “ I have not been approached by the inquiry yet, but that may well be because I am abroad at the moment. Of course I will cooperate fully if they want to question me. Undoubtedly I may have some special knowledge that could help their investigation.”

It is believed detectives want to check his recollections against witness statements made to the original French investigation.

Mr Bolland has a unique insight into the immediate aftermath of the tragedy and was at the Prince’s side when key decisions were made regarding the recovery of Diana’s body.

He was with Charles when he visited the Paris hospital where she was pronounced dead on August 31, 1997. He witnessed the debriefing given by doctors who had fought in vain to save her life.

He may even have been party to the decision to have Diana’s body EMBALMED: Princess Diana embalmed, which was ordered by Sir Michael Jay, the British Ambassador in Paris at the time.

Mr Bolland has a reputation for being candid about his former boss. During the High Court action over diaries Charles wrote amid the Hong Kong hand- over in 1997, he gave a unique insight into how the future king regards himself on the world’s stage by claiming in a statement: “He often referred to himself as a ‘dissident’ working against the prevailing political consensus.”

He caused embarrassment by claiming that the Prince had deliberately snubbed a banquet in honour of Chinese President Jiang Zemin in 1999 because of his political beliefs, and then authorised him to leak details to the media.

Mr Bolland said in the statement: “He did not approve of the Chinese regime, and is a great GRIEVING: Charles is greeted supporter of the Dalai Lama, whom he views as being oppressed by the Chinese. He would readily embrace the political aspects of any contentious issue he was interested in. He carried it out in a very considered, thoughtful and researched way.”

Clarence House denies that Prince Charles snubbed the Chinese or authorised the leak. It insists that the Prince had, in fact, had dinner with the President a few nights before.

Paddy Harverson, Charles’s communications secretary, said it would not be appropriate to comment on Mr Bolland’s possible involvement with the inquiry, which has so far cost £4million.

Lord Stevens has already interviewed Charles for an hour at Clarence House in mid-December.

The Prince was asked to debunk many of the conspiracy theories that have surrounded his ex-wife’s death – including the claim, which surfaced in a letter written by Diana, that Charles and his friends were plotting her death.

The Prince told Lord Stevens that he had nothing whatsoever to do with Diana’s death, which he believes was a tragic accident.

It is thought detectives leading the inquiry, codenamed Operation Paget, are now keen to interview.
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
faith
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Charles' Aide Reply with quote

QuestionI would like to really hear what he has to say, but only if it was to be a definitive truth and nothing less. I am not sure if he is going to be a real help or just end up hiding the truth. Too many questions and not enough answers.
faith is offline View user's profile Send private message

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's intriging to find out what he has to say but it'll probably be a load of crap as usual Mad
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, correct me if I am wrong but Mark Bolland was Charles's PR.

He was the one who airbrushed the public to make Camilla's image nicer so the public could eventually accept her. In other word, it was his job to 'brainwashed' the public as Camilla was the most hated woman in this country.

I am very certain he will not tell the truth as he know how to 'groom' the public so I will not taken him seriously.

Yes, he is clever that is why he was hired by Prince charles.

Now you see he left as the public is kinder to Camilla. Its all down to PR to brainwashed us and I am afraid his PR thing has worked.

Sound like he was a bit *beep* but I will not taken him seriously at all
.[/
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: