Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PANIC AT THE PALACE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: PANIC AT THE PALACE Reply with quote

PANIC AT THE PALACE
Camilla can’t shrug off love for Diana
PRINCE CHARLES and the Duchess of Cornwall are today dealt a serious blow to their popularity.
Daily Express Weekend
8 Apr 2006

By Richard Palmer Royal Correspondent

A poll of thousands of Daily Express readers has voiced strong opposition to Camilla becoming Queen. A resounding 82 per cent voted No to the title ever going to the woman who replaced Diana as Charles’s wife.

The results of one of the biggest surveys on the thorny issue of the succession in years follow an opinion poll earlier this week in which only 37 per cent said they supported Charles becoming King.

Slightly more – 39 per cent – said they would like the succession to jump a generation and give the crown straight to Prince William when the Queen dies.

Now the Daily Express poll will come as another bitter blow to the royal couple as they celebrate their first wedding anniversary this weekend.

The results will cause serious concern at Buckingham Palace as the Queen seeks to offload various duties to Charles in her 80th year. It will also cause consternation among their advisers at Clarence House.

Officials there had been congratulating themselves on a job well done in selling Camilla to the public amid favourable reviews of their tour of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and India.

But the Daily Express poll highlights the level of opposition which still exists to Camilla, despite a year in which she has won plaudits for the way she has worked hard and settled into royal duties.

Affection

It proves that many members of the public have still not accepted Charles’s new wife and have lasting affection for Princess Diana despite her death occurring almost nine years ago.

It also underlines the legal and constitutional minefield ahead in the event of Charles succeeding to the throne.

One source said: “The alarm bells have started ringing, the charm offensive is failing.”

Clarence House has publicly insisted that Camilla has no desire to become Queen and that the “intention” is for her to take the compromise title of Princess Consort.

But, privately, Charles wants his wife to be Queen and the Government has admitted that is exactly what she will be in law, whatever title she decides to use in practice.

The couple and their advisers have always known they face a long and difficult task in winning over the public amid bitterness over the way their infidelity led to the break-up of ROMANTIC: Birkhall, Charles and Camilla’s Highlands hideaway DIANA’S SONS: William and Harry are now dashing young men Charles’s marriage to Diana. But the Daily Express survey, which followed a Populus poll showing only 21 per cent in favour of Queen Camilla, will still come as a shock after such widespread acclaim in the media for the way the Duchess has adapted to her new role.

“ I think they’ve always known that it’s going to take years to win people over. So they’re probably more disappointed than surprised,” said Margaret Holder, a royal author who has followed the couple’s trials and tribulations.

“They’ve charmed the media but winning over other sections of the public is much harder.

“There will always be people who have strong religious or moral beliefs who will feel that Charles and Camilla built their happiness on the misery of someone else.” Now, a year after the royal wedding, it appears that the vast majority of the public remains either indifferent or hostile to the Duchess.

Despite their troubles, Camilla and Charles are embarking on a romantic break at Birkhall, their hideaway on the Balmoral estate. But they do have some engagements. One, in particular, will give Charles great pride – watching Prince Harry pass out from Sandhurst on Wednesday.

Then it will be back to Birkhall until the Queen’s 80th birthday on April 21. They are expected to spend their time there walking, riding and painting – a passion they share. CAN CAMILLA EVER WIN US OVER?
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Camilla win us over? Difficult question to answer. At the moment, the public is not ready to fully accept her. I respect Camilla but I don't want her to be our Queen. Diana would make a brilliant Queen for this country but sadly it wouldn't meant to be. But I don't think I will ever accept Camilla fully and certainly not, to be a Queen. At the moment, Camilla did not win me over but I do respect her.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Mattie Rose
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just interested in hearing what you respect about her?
Mattie Rose is offline View user's profile Send private message

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing me too
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

db
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Camilla as Queen Reply with quote

Well what will be will be, but I don't get any thrill of emotion when I see Camilla in the papers, like I did with Diana. She doesn't have that spark or vivaciousness that Diana had, and it has nothing to do with age.

Diane, Toronto, Canada
db is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you. I'm not a huge fan of Camilla, never have been. I have nothing hostile toward her as it's not my nature but respect might be the wrong word. I don't know if that make sense.

LadyM
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: PANIC AT THE PALACE Reply with quote

It was foolish of Charles' camp to think that the foreign trips would bring the people to heel. The publicity may have worked overseas, but they have yet to prove themselves in UK and the rest of the world who also supported Diana. It will be hard to accomplish that in this lifetime. Up to date Camilla may have gotten everything that she has worked hard for, but her future is very bleak. She has a black baggage that is pretty hard to swallow even to those who aren't Diana supporters. The morality of the Monarch is at stake. With this comes the reputation of the people of the land. Wether she stands as the King Consort or not, she will always be associated as the woman who brought the Monarchy to an all time low and the scandal the caused the life of the Mother of the the future King of England. Sad
LadyM is offline View user's profile Send private message

secrets
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattie Rose wrote:
Just interested in hearing what you respect about her?

yes i thought that a strange remark.
how could anyone respect such a dreadful woman as that ? Evil or Very Mad
i cannot believe that such lowlife now has such a prominent position.
what on earth is wrong with the british people Question ?
they should have both left the country....but no...they want it all. Twisted Evil
secrets is offline View user's profile Send private message

sama
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no respect at all for camilla. she has her happiness now entirely because of the way in which she and charles behaved.

they ruined diana's marriage between them. if camilla had not been lurking in the background, possibly charles would have committed to diana. as it was, he knew that he had her to fall back on. and did.

respect for camilla? no. never.
sama is offline View user's profile Send private message

dlive
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: If only..... Reply with quote

Hi guys,
My opinion on Camilla is she was a very coniving woman. She and Charles knew what they were doing from the beginning. Once Charles made the decision that he needed to sow a few more wild oates before he settled down and Camilla decided she couldn't wait for him they both messed up. They knew they would only be able to be together in an illegal and immoral relationship from then on. Once Charles met Diana he thought he'd found the perfect gullable and innocent little girl that he and Camilla could both manipulate. I've read lots of books about the early days and Camilla was a friend of Diana's at first and gave her advice on Charles and everything before Diana figured out that they were still attracted to each other. If only Charles had been able to return the love that Diana gave him she may still be alive today. He only married Diana because she was a virgin and she had no past relationships that could come back to haunt the royal family. In my eyes Charles and Camilla set Diana up. Charles knew the whole time that he didn't love Diana the way he loved Camilla. I know that sometimes it is easy to be confused when it comes to matters of the heart but I do not think Charles was confused at all. He knew all along that the he didn't, couldn't and wouldn't ever be able to love anyone the way he loved Camilla. He should have married her to begin with and Diana would at least still be alive. Diana should have married Prince Andrew. They seemed to be more alike than she and Charles. Charles knew exactly what he was doing and knew that eventually he would go back to Camilla. It wasn't fair to Diana and he should have been a man and stood up and said how he felt about Camilla and saved Diana and himself a lot of heartaches. Mad

dlive
dlive is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree. Charles was very spoiled man. I believe Charles's upbringing was very molly cuddling by nannies instead of his mother. I think Charles was pressurizes to marry as he been told that he need heir and spare to carry on the Royal history. I don't think Charles wanted to marry Diana or any one. He certainly loved/love Camilla more than anything in the world but I heard at the moment, they are having problems. Camilla refused to do too much public duties. I do believe that Charles and Camilla will never divorce as there may be agreement by the Firm as they learned the mistakes from Diana and Sarah. I did once said Camilla could be a very popular woman in 10 years time but I have to admit I'm wrong. It will be William's wife. I am not too keen on Camillia as there is nothing special about her but keep her spoiled hubby happy.

colormerose
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: A hard act to follow. Reply with quote

Diana is a hard act to follow. Not only beautiful in physical presence, her inner beauty and humanitarian nature shone through loud and clear. Add to that a clearly devoted mother and what is there to not like? Yeah...she made some mistakes, big ones according to some, but any of you without stones may cast the first one!
However, Camilla is also a woman to take seriously. She obviously loved Charles in her own fashion and used what she could to hang on. She gave the beautiful Princess a run for her money. She has been shown to support Charles and I have to say he does indeed look and "feel" happier than at anytime in the Diana saga. SHe also made mistakes...but again, if your bag be empty of stones.....
The pressure to marry and bear heirs was given to Charles by a system that goes back centuries, and be that right or wrong, it is and still exists for that country. But, a happy man will always make a better King than one who has personal demons barking at his heels. To be forced to have wed one who you did not love for sense of duty must not have been a thing he cherished either. But he was raised by the system to serve the system. So cut them all a big break.
Look instead to a system of protocal and pomp as the real culprit in this soap opera. There must be something changed or the history that was will repeat in some form or fashion in future days. The man who bailed on being King (Edward) to wed his true love might not have been the villian that he was painted as being by that system. I wonder, had he done as Charles had done and wed another who he did not love for the sake of the throne, what would have been the history from that? Guess we will never know, but... the histiry we do know of between Charles, Diana and Camilla is not solely the problem of people but rather a problem of people who believe in a system that can place all things at the alter of the throne.

www.dianaspeaks.com
www.angelfire.com/mb2/connecting_to_diana
www.sessionswithspirit.info
colormerose is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

secrets
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diana was used and abused ,and alegedly the windsors are very aware of who murdered diana.
they are a cold grasping family.

anyone who has recently read that mr windsor has 7 boiled eggs,lined up for breakfast ,all having been boiled for various times. the stupid man is not only petulant but absolutely nuts. Twisted Evil
secrets is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I heard that too. It proven how spoiled and ungrateful he is. I mean 7 boiled eggs, if not right, all go to the bin! How stupid is that. It is not normal. Then of course, being Royal Family is not normal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: