Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eric Clapton Blames Princess Diana For Her Own Death

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Eric Clapton Blames Princess Diana For Her Own Death Reply with quote

Eric Clapton Blames Princess Diana For Her Own Death

May 18, 2006 9:08 p.m. EST

Matthew Borghese - All Headline News Staff Writer

London, England (BANG) - Eric Clapton has blamed Princess Diana for her own death.

The guitar legend, 61, called the late princess - who died in a car crash in Paris in 1997 - "a manipulative and sick person."

He told Britain's Sunday Times magazine: "It's not that Princess Diana was responsible for her own death, but I do think she contributed in some way to creating that public hunger. She was responsible for that side of it."

"It's that burning martyr kind of thing, what people will give up for the idea of being a burning martyr."

Clapton, who is currently touring the UK, has also claimed late footballer George Best wanted to die.

Clapton, who has battled heroin and alcohol addiction, claims the alcoholic former Manchester United star, who died of liver failure earlier this year aged 59, wanted to die in the way he did so he would be remembered as a hellraiser.

He added: "It's like he knew if he died this way he would go down in history as being one of the great Irish heroes of all time. And that was more important to him than just being alive and having a good life."

All content provided by BANG Showbiz.

CHEEKY BASTARD!! WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS?!!!!!!!!
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lilysong
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As true diana fans i think it would be niave to think that Diana never manipulated the press. She did it well and for the right reasons at times ( her charity work) but she also made mistakes which I'm sure she understood. She was a human being after all and living in a fish bowl under presure that none of us can begin to understand. I wish she had kept her relationship with Dodi more private as she had with Dr. Kahn. I don't think I've ever seen pictures of them together. I also wish that she had understood that she did not need to manipulate the press to earn the love and admiration we all would have always given her. But above and beyond that, I wish she had understood her need to be better protected. My first reaction at the time of the accident was not anger at the paprazzi but frustration that she was not better protected. Any one can understand that Royal protection was very intrusive and invasive and that she was tired of it, but given who she was (the mother of the future king) and how sought after she was she should have had something. Even before the accident, it seemed ominous to me that she didn't have consistent, trained protection. Royal protection may not have been appropriate or comfortable but I've always thought she should have had something better than what the Ritz/Al-fayeds provided. Someone who would have not let that car move before she was belted in. Someone who would have ordered the driver to slow down, etc. 90mph through the streets of Paris, paparazzi or not, was not only unneccasary but insane! The Princess of Wales was in that car! I just wish she could have found a happy medium in terms of her protection. It was unrealistic to accept that she didn't need it. She was too valuable, important and loved to depend on whatever protection, driver,etc. was available at the moment. Maybe it was a series of unfortunate and irresponsible decisions made on the part of many different people that converged and led to the fact that we have to miss her in this world.......and miss her I do.
lilysong is offline View user's profile Send private message

Sassie
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, Eric Clapton has never been scandal-free or so lily pure that he has any right to pass judgement on anyone else's character.

Interesting that he never made this observation about Diana when she was alive to defend herself.

Perhaps, he should go back to playing guitar and remembering that celebrities in glass houses shouldn't hurl criticisms.
Sassie is offline View user's profile Send private message

scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The death of his son, Conor, in 1991, prompted the song “Tears in Heaven.”

What would Eric Clapton say, if someone would tell: "It's not that Eric Clapton was responsible for her his death, but ...".

::: www.princess-diana.com ::: www.princess-diana.co.uk ::: www.pictures-princess-diana.com :::
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lilysong. Diana was not blameless so either do we all. I think it would be a possible for Diana to phone some photographs to tell them where she may be ONLY when she feel like it. Look at the final month of her life, she was cuddling with Dodi, everything and we all know she was doing it for cameras (Maybe its something to do with Charles and Camilla.) she could have done in privately. It sparked a big news around the globe and she knew it. But another hand, we are the not blameless as we all buy magzaines, books, newspaper etc, that helped funded for photographers so they keep taking pictures of her even when she doesn't feel like it, even looked distressed. If she was still a great product to sell, they will keep doing it as long as we keep buying THEIR pictures. So I would think we ALL the blame include Diana. I think sometimes she was playing the dangerous game, maybe to give her some exictements. Maybe she was feeling lonely. I do feel sorry for her as she was in very impossible position. I don't know but I do know we all are not blameless. But at the same time, she was REMARKABLE human begin.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah blah to Eric Clapton. he's still alive and he can't get half the attention that Diana gets after she went to her grave. I think he is just hardup for attention.
Ronsgal is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: