Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Now you can get married at Diana's home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scupidu
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Now you can get married at Diana's home Reply with quote

Princess Diana's wedding was the stuff of fairy tales. Now her ancestral home is throwing open its doors for all and sundry to say their marriage vows.

The Althorp House estate - where the Princess of Wales is buried - has been opened up by her brother, Earl Spencer, for weddings, private parties and corporate events.

The venue is certain to become a hit with celebrities and wealthy businessmen. The Earl turned down a request by Madonna to have her wedding to Guy Ritchie there in 2000, saying it was too complicated to arrange.

But now anyone with a budget of £50,000 will be able to tie the knot in the room where the Earl married his wife Caroline, then spend the night in the bedroom where Diana once slept with Prince Charles.

The news will fuel accusations that Earl Spencer is cashing in on Diana's memory. Last month The Mail on Sunday revealed he had gone into partnership with a US firm to sell reproductions of Althorp furniture, with several items marketed as coming from the Princess of Wales's bedroom.

Last year he began renting out Althorp House's private bedrooms to rich American Express cardholders at £1,000 a night. Wedding parties will be able to have pictures taken in front of "Diana's Temple", the former summerhouse beside the lake where the Princess was buried on an island.

Hospitality organiser Andrea Fowkes Associates is organising weddings at Althorp. All her stately home venues are advertised as available for '*beep* weddings' or civil partnerships through her firm's partners, Fabulous *beep* Weddings.

It will be the first time Althorp has hosted functions since Diana's death in 1997. At the launch of the new venture, the Earl said it would "offer the very best of British history and tradition, the finest cuisines and a very high level of discreet yet friendly service".

Source: PRINCESS-DIANA.com: News about Princess Diana
News about Princess Diana - Princess of Wales - Lady Diana Spencer

::: www.princess-diana.com ::: www.princess-diana.co.uk ::: www.pictures-princess-diana.com :::
scupidu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Earl Spencer doing this it's disgusting it's Diana's resting place everything everyone said about him was true he is just exploiting his sister making as much money as he can Twisted Evil
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice experience to have a wedding there...... as it has been years that Diana is resting there and maybe she is feeling lonely and would like to see people around? Shocked But what good does it to her while her soul rest there seeing happy married couples walking by when her own marriage was a disaster.......

I felt her brother should have been more sensitive to that. I believe she suffer enough in life, let her rest in peace in death and not always constantly have to be remind of how once her marriage used to be a good but eventually turn bad......
hoopslife is offline View user's profile Send private message

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the late Diana's family is really making it easy for her memory and her own name to come across as badly. Really bad like cheap and greedy. Earl Spencer should know better than to do this for money but he does not care or so it seems. The late Diana deserves better than this for her memory. This has got to make Prince Harry and Prince William a tough time to handle their emotions and mental health about their mother's death.Not to mention the English public. Obviously it shows that the Spencer family is no good for the Princes. I wouldn't blame Princes Harry and William if they did not do much with the Spencer family. I know it's not all of the Spencers but they are not doing anything to stop the Earl. How Sad!!
Ronsgal is offline View user's profile Send private message

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this might sound cruel and it might be a misjudgement but i get the impression that Wills and Harry just don't care Sad
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Royaltyfreak
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand what Earl Spencer is thinking and doing........

I find it awful............
Royaltyfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with it either. They just cashing out more money to used Diana's memory.... I think its not acceptable. They only did that to make more money. Even wrose, its her brother
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: