Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Why do you like Diana?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den Princess Diana Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitty
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Why do you like Diana? Reply with quote

Tell me: Why do you love Diana? When did it begin? What is the secret behind, that such much people still love and adore Diana - and so many feel touched?
Kitty is offline View user's profile Send private message
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kitty i started to have an interest in Diana in 2003 i don't know what it is about her she just seemed so perfect in every way like a iconic figure everybody admires and wants to be like i was only 11 when she died i was i bed it was 5.30am an i just couldn't sleep my grandad came in off nights an he told my nan Diana's dead she started crying went downstairs an put the news on i had no interest in her then whatsoever but it's weird how thats stuck in my mind xxxxxxxx
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

empathyrules
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Why I loved Diana Reply with quote

Hi Kitty

Well, first I would like to clarify I am the same age as Diana would have been today, I am educated, not a flake and not a tabloid star groupee. I want to say this because I want people who view this forum who think its some sort of weird shrine to know it is a place for people to remember a great woman.

I began to take an interest in Diana the day she was married. I watched her wedding day live. I remember I could only wish to have such a fairy tale wedding. Its every young girls dream.

Sure she was beautiful, charismatic, charming.... but that in my opinion was a small part of her.

Eventually I couldnt help but see her life had become chaotic. I would be standing in a grocery store line up and see all the tabloids or just flicking through the channels watching the news, it was all there.... coming out at you whether you wanted to know about it or not.

Then Andrew Mortons book "Her True Story" came out. I read it in one night. I recall feeling angry, if this was true, I thought how could such a caring, loving, warm woman get entrapped in a loveless marriage with a family who labelled her as "inferior, insecure, weak and a family embarassment". In my opinion, she wanted to be a real person, she wanted to hold and love her children every day rather than have a nanny raise them, she wanted her husband to love her as much as she loved him and when she realized it was going to be a battle for even a scrap of love and acceptance of who she was, it took its toll. Who wouldnt react in a crazy sort of way. Thats when it hit me... she is like me, she is like every other woman out there who wants her family intact.... only this woman had a battle that the normal person could never fathom. We are talking the Queen of England... the Prince... the whole bloody historical life of "dont ask questions, just do and live the way you are told and look regal and fake while doing it." Well Diana refused. She did what she had to do to keep some sort of sanity in her world which was more like our world.

My life was sort of parallel, I understood what it was like to lose control of your individual wants, needs and goals due to demands of others. I knew one could act out in non-character type ways to protect what little of yourself one had.

I think the world got it too. I think Diana became our Queen when she showed us she is real, with real problems, real obstacles and hurt like everyone else.

She also did things out of Royal Character. She held Aids babies when nobody even wanted to be in the same room, she held leppers hands, she cuddled dirty diseased orphans in Third World countries, she visited people most of us wouldnt give a second thought... and she was a Princess.... beautiful, wealthy and famous... and she didnt have to do those things, it was asked by the Royals that she not go so far. Of course Diana, continued because she knew what was more important, reality rather than show.

So, for me, a strong independent woman trying to make the world understand what is important, this was a tragedy. She was doing what I am doing but had more influence, power and would have made more of a difference in a month than I will make in a lifetime. For this I mourn, this is a great loss for women and any other person who is fighting for equality,health, safey and family values.

This is why I Loved Diana

Last edited by empathyrules on Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
empathyrules is offline View user's profile Send private message

sara1981
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im really like Princess Diana but i never met her before since her death in 1997 but im been read her books of biography and also computer about her life and also television of Diana.

Diana really legacy Princess and more popular but many people still kept her as legacy Princess since her death in 1997 they wont forget it.

when i visit England for first time and i saw her old home its really huge and i taking pictures of Kensington Palace its so beautiful home but i cant enter of her old home just view and her old frock dress when Diana wores that dress when she married with Prince Charles in 1981-1996 but i knew Diana would really as legacy Princess as popular!

Royaltyfreak
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why I like Princess Diana???????

That's really hard to explain..... but I give it a try....... I saw Diana at here wedding as a little girl..... and yes I was touched by her...

Don't no why, but it happend.

Princess Diana touched my heart and that has never changed!!!!!! Sice that time I followed the Princess.

I respect her a lot and still misses her!
Royaltyfreak is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, I am greatly captivated by her beauty first. She was really a beautiful woman even though i didn't met her in real life and like millions other, will never ever get a chance to but i still like her.

Other that i move on that she did great work with the charity acts and that her troubled marriage kinda interest and i felt sympathy for her when all she could really do was fighting alone in the miserable and doom to failure marriage. All other follows, the way she talk, she smile, she laugh, everything...... i couldn't think of anything to dislike her except maybe that she could have make herself more happier than be miserable around Charles. Oh well, no one is perfect but i like her even more as she seem real in this way. Very Happy
hoopslife is offline View user's profile Send private message

dianawillharry61
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Diana a "True Angel" Reply with quote

I along with all, LOVED Diana from the start if us growing to know her as a young sweet girl to the Radiant Beauty she had become and is still to this day, she proved beyond all that she will always be the Queen of all Hearts, and now to be the loving Angel to us all. I pray and talk with her everyday(and no I'm not crazy), she is always with me in thoughts and Prayers and when I think of her two handsome boys, and how she would be so proud of the way they have come to this life of adulthood, and taking charge of the things that need to be handled, and how well at that. I along with the Millions watched her get married in that fairytale wedding and saw how she beemed with the joy of love she had found only to be destructed, but not to totally bring her down but to make her the the most Beautifullest Angellic well know Icon of the world never to be forgotten, she will live on and on Through two more Icons such as herself, Prince William and Prince Harry. I Loved and still Love everything about her, and can't stop saying enough about her. Diana will be here with us all till this earth is evaporated, and she will be there for us in the Angelic world as well. Forever a True Diana Fan ----Eileen-----
dianawillharry61 is offline View user's profile Send private message

faith
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Why I Liked Princess Diana Reply with quote

It started for me when she married Prince Charles. I just knew that she would bring a change into the royal establishment. The way she cared about REAL PEOPLE and how she wanted her sons to experience life outside the royal spotlight by taking them to public places and enjoying things that children growing up outside a royal setting enjoy doing.
Her charitable ways, her grace, her charm and beauty were a combination that no one other person could ever imitate. She continues to be a role model for all women. "Unforgettable, that's what you are."
Our beloved Princess and her sons will forever be in my thoughts and prayers.
faith is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Why i like Princess diana. Reply with quote

Its her beauty and her clothes. She was naturally beautiful woman on the outside aswell inside which was very very rare. What made her more human was she understood people's pains as she suffered great deal in her married life. She lost her freedom that we all taken for grant. But it was her clothes that always caughted my eyes because she bought a life out of her clothes. She always looked amazing in it and got away with it. She definietely will never be forgotten. Impossible.[/b]
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to Love Diana when I was around 12 years old. I had watched some television shows on her and then I saw the Diana: Secret Tapes and it was so sad hearing about her life and how she suffered bulimia and how Charles had cheated on her being just a few problems. Now I have a whole room of stuff about her and I hope to still get more. I also got my first book about her Diana: her True Story when it came out my friend had given it to me a couple of years ago. She thought i would really like it and I do. I think i like Diana for the reasons everybody else does. She was a normal person and she was so geneorous to others. She gave herself to others and helped them get through tough times. She was like an angel and her loving nature won me over.
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Insy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to like Diana when I was about 11 (in 2002). I knew who she was and that she died in an accident but I wasn't interested in her like I am now. I wish I had been older when she was alive because I would have much more information about her. I love her for who she was-she was a normal girl with a hard life. She has had good moments and bad moments, maybe because she got married at the age of 19. She really loved her sons-another reason to love her. She was very nice, givving and always smiling. Maybe I see a figure of a mother in her, I don't know. She was pretty and a very good person. I'll never forget her. I miss her.
Insy is offline View user's profile Send private message

sama
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched her through her engagement to charles, and then the wedding, and i liked her so much. her open, fresh smile, those beautiful eyes....her genuine interest in everything and everybody, and her unassuming nature. also, the fact that she put herself down endeared herself to many, i think.

she broke the mould for royalty, and nobody has ever managed to put it back together again. she reached out to the elderly, to babies, to mothers, to everyone. she touched, hugged, commiserated, communicated......she did it all. and she brought up her sons to be REAL PEOPLE!

she gave them the absolute love that her husband had never had, which probably made him into the miserable, self-centred person he is today, and she gave them security. she showed them that not everyone has a silver spoon in the mouth, made them wait in queues like normal people, and she showed them that there are so many less fortunate than they will ever be.

she was a superb mother, a beautiful soul, and i will never stop missing her.

sama
sama is offline View user's profile Send private message

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything that you said Sama Smile
She really was a true great person and she is missed by everyone around the world. I really miss her and I know you do too but just think of it this way...shes will always be in our hearts...like she said in her Panorama interview...She will always be the Queen of People's Hearts. Very Happy
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: