Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New movie ...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightBlueSky
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: New movie ...? Reply with quote

Has anyone heard about the new movie coming out about the royal family? I think it's called "The Queen"... I heard the soundtrack has the song they play at Princess Diana's funeral. Does anyone else know anything? Thanks!
LightBlueSky is offline View user's profile Send private message
Insy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard something about this movie. They said somethig in the news a few days ago. They said that it was about the reaction of the royal family( and espacialy of the queen) when princess Diana was pronounced dead in Paris. It should be interesting. I hope Ican watch it soon.
Insy is offline View user's profile Send private message

pocketnunu
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "The Queen" and stars Dame Helen Mirren in the title role. It premiered at the Venice Film Festival a couple weeks ago.

Check out www.imdb.com and type in The Queen in the search field. On the next page scroll down and select "The Queen" (2006). There are some nice pics of Mirren, and she does look very much like Her Maj.

This movie takes place in the week between Diana's death and her funeral.
pocketnunu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

AngelDiana
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also heard of this movie I also eard it is very controversial so I don't know if I want to see it.
"I found myself wanting to hug and kiss (my sons) all the time. But they have rather passed that stage. I kept reminding myself that they were nearly young men who didn't want to be kissed and hugged by their mother too much."
www.dianaspeaks.com
AngelDiana is offline View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be a interesting movie. Maybe this will help us to understand a bit better about The Queen. It doesn't looked tacky to me as most royal movies about the royal family including Princess Diana were so tacky. But this one looked good.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

dlive
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: The Queen Movie Reply with quote

Hi People,
I've heard about the movie and I'm sure that they will make sure that it puts a good spin on the Queen. Her true feelings about Diana will never be known because they don't want to upset the people and her Grandsons. But I do believe that the Queen probably resents Diana and everything about her because of all the trouble Diana has caused and is still causing so I will see the movie and take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure the Queen is respectful of Diana and her memory when she is around the Boys and that is cool because she deserves at least that from her. The Queen may not have loved Diana but she does love her Grandsons. Long live the People's Princess!!! God Loves her and so do we!!!

dlive
dlive is offline View user's profile Send private message

Sensiblerose
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody

I saw the movie and it's quite good. I don't think the Queen (the person) really hated Princess Diana. Maybe for her, she wasn't strong enough to fit in the royal family but perhaps Diana represented what the Queen secretly desired : be free of saying what was on her mind and send everybody to hell if she wanted too.
Anyway the film is well written, there's a total respect for Princess Diana (they used real videos when she appears and also when her brother talks about her).

If someone saw the film , I would like to know what he (she) thought about the deer, what it represents?
I still think it's like the spirit of Diana but ...

Kelly
Sensiblerose is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: