Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Britney's Diana death fear
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Britney's Diana death fear Reply with quote

Britney's Diana death fear

By Stephen Hull, Metro
17 February 2006
Britney Spears isn't exactly royalty. But the pop singer fears she will die the same way as Princess Diana.

The 24-year-old claims she rarely leaves her home with her baby son Sean Preston because she is pursued everywhere she goes by paparazzi.
She said the situation with rogue photographers near her Malibu home had become so bad her life could be in danger.

'I don't really go out with him and it's kind of sad because I can't walk down the street with the stroller,' Spears told People magazine.
'Princess Diana got killed by one of these people. I'm not expecting people to pity me. I'm just telling the truth.'
Spears also accepted criticism over the recent pictures of her driving with her five-month-old son on her lap.
'I love my baby more than anything and, as unfortunate an experience as this has been for me and my family, if it brings more attention to child safety then I fully support that,' she said.
'I don't take myself so seriously but when you're poked at and poked at, there's going to come a time when you snap.'
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Amelie
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Britney Spears ?
Amelie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shes a pop singer

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the biggest fan of Britney in some ways but then again i don't know her. i feel like she is telling us something we should already know. The paparazzi and other photographers out there need some taming because i do agree with Brit, the media will go for a story even if it means death. They don't care, or most don't. They just want that money they get for a photo that they probably harassed the celebs for to get.
Ronsgal is offline View user's profile Send private message

hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... if one prepare and wants to be famous someday, they should always know that fame always come along with a price. One should have consider about it before getting into the show business, because you want attention and have to get some attention for people to notice you and your work to become famous but you won't have a say where u want that attention to be, for example. personal life etc.

When one is doing something that everyone knows about and whether the publicity news is good or bad, it's always better than no news for an artiste. Because there is an exposure to the world as long as u remain an artiste, u will have to need to expose yourself in some ways to get yourself up there, on top, with fame. If they got none, that's when they are dump in the backseat, they are no longer famous, they struggle hard to get where they are so it cannot be a compromising things when in the first place u seek attention and now u want it to be completely stop when u had enough, human doesn't switch on and off anyway and so is paparazzi......

As for Diana case, it is sad that she did nothing to gain this attention and unwanted of it but on the other hand, like i say, having publicity is always better than none.

At the end of the day, one is just doing their job. No one is crazy enough to just get photos of a person without getting their pay or to sell it off for money again. If it comes along, play the game along but cool about it, there is really nothing much one can do with them, even if there is some protection against them..... they never know the word stop because they are just working.
hoopslife is offline View user's profile Send private message

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She may think she is famous as diana, well she is not. She is a singer (Gawd!) and she is nothing special. Hollywood people are getting very divvy now. Very over dramaic saying that they are going to get killed like diana because they are getting too 'famous'. Well, the difference between THEM and diana is .. diana would never never regain her privacy and freedom and also she is a mother of future king. But Hollywood people, when they stopped using limelights, they will be forgotten and they knows that so they don't want to leave the limelight. They lost what is reality. Most of them will not be famous one day, only very few will.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

faith
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Britney's Fear Reply with quote

Laughing Is she serious? She does not hold a candle to the Princess and she thinks she is going to be targeted and possibly killed like her? I am sorry, but she doesn't have that much in the way of public spotlight as the Princess did, and for her to make such a comment is ridiculous. Confused I am confused at why it is she thinks she is regarded in the same spotlight and how she sees herself in the same boat as the Princess.
faith is offline View user's profile Send private message

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well anyone that makes a comment about Diana gets loads of coverage

Jamient1410
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Amy.
Jamient1410 is offline View user's profile Send private message

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As for Diana case, it is sad that she did nothing to gain this attention and unwanted of it but on the other hand, like i say, having publicity is always better than none. "

Diana and Britney both know (err knew) how to work the paparazzi. Yes there is price to be paid and both of these women have used it to their advantage but it's okay to be sick of it. They wouldn't be human if they didn't!

also Britney in my opinion has no class or well not even a smidgeon of class of the late Diana so she shouldn't compare herself to her.

but then again that comment could be for more press. that's all that Britney has going for her now. Her star will fade if she does not do some clever handling of her career! IMO

hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, i would only say that both gain the press's favour and limelight as well as work the paparazzi in their way but they also gain in alot of other way. Be it gd (for britney as she is not doing well in her career) or bad (in diana's case). But one is alway playing with fire if u don't know how to handle the control well. In the end, the one who think they are working on it great, might crash... it's not something that are easily manipulated.

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoopslife wrote:
At the end of the day, i would only say that both gain the press's favour and limelight as well as work the paparazzi in their way but they also gain in alot of other way. Be it gd (for britney as she is not doing well in her career) or bad (in diana's case). But one is alway playing with fire if u don't know how to handle the control well. In the end, the one who think they are working on it great, might crash... it's not something that are easily manipulated.

I never said the media is easy to manipulate but if one must survive they work the press. the late Diana and Britney knows how, err Diana knew to some degree how to work the press for themselves.

hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronsgal wrote:
hoopslife wrote:

I never said the media is easy to manipulate but if one must survive they work the press. the late Diana and Britney knows how, err Diana knew to some degree how to work the press for themselves.

I never say u said the media is easy to manipulate, read carefully. I only said that it's not something that are easily to be twisted around the way they are handling this sort of situation... even if they knew how to work the press for themselves, how much limit can they come to terms with anyone of them once they don't want to work anymore.... Im trying to point out is that if playing with fire is dangerous, so can playing with a human mind too. If they want them for this news, they can't choose not to want them for another news when they don't want them around because no matter how much in control of them towards the paparazzi, there will always be a limit. They just don't do things their way instead they do as they wish to.... how many truth are there really in the papers report anyway?

These things are not ever meant to be a compromises thing.... look at what Prince Charles or William thought that by taking normal royal photo on them skiing on holiday and thought the press would leave them alone but still they caught Kate pictures with William... they are always out to look for juicy and interesting news that people will want to buy the papers and read them and not every year the same that they went to this place holiday so and so and took the pic that they can get sick and tired of it. Like i said before, they are only working, who cares about feelings and compromising thing. I believe in this theory doesn't mean u have to.

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i said and meant is that Diana used the media knowing full well to help people in need. She knew if she showed up to an event that tons of people will show up too. she brought people to become aware more of what is around them just because they love her.

I read your entries. Carefully. You apparently have no idea what my point is. I'm not trying to start a debate or anything. All i was saying is that Britney uses the publicity to keep her career going knowing full well if she disappeared her career is most likely over.

Diana used the media the best she could to make people aware and to help others.

I don't care about what you posted. I just posted what i meant and you turned it into some long boring debate.

don't read into my posts more than there should be .

Last edited by Ronsgal on Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ronsgal
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I"m sorry to the people who run this forum. i just wanted to come here and remember Diana. Good grief!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: