Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Princess Diana book cover and review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Pics Princess Diana Pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Spina
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Princess Diana book cover and review Reply with quote

Hello to all,

I'm a new member and I need someone to tell me how to upload a spectacular full cover page photo of Princess Diana from a new book our company published. This is my first time ever doing this, so if I'm not bright enough to figure out how to do it, send me an email and I will send it to you as a .jpeg.

The cover is from the book in the review below. It was written by a reviewer at a member newspaper chain (not us) which subscribes to our service. As with all member subscriber copy, we are able to pass it along in toto to you and extend permission for you to circulate it as well (for free, not for profit). We believe this will be of interest to all who cherish the memory of Princess Diana. We think the cover is among the best of Princess Diana that we've ever seen.

Those who wish to know more about this book should visit Amazon.com, view the spectacular cover photo, and read the four 5-star reviews by people who have purchased the book. It is also available from Amazon.co.uk and Barnesandnoble.com.

I encourage members to contact me with any questions.

Regards,
John Spina, Director of Marketing
American Book Publishers
ON THE SHELF Book Review
Thursday, October 12, 2006 (591 words)
(Bea Smith is a staff writer for the 14 Newspapers in the Worrall chain.
She can be reached at djablonski@thelocalsource.com).

'THE DIANA PLOT' AMAZES WITH ITS INTRICACIES

By Bea Smith

One of the most fascinating books ever written is a conspiracy novel with a factual basis called "To Kill a Princess: The Diana Plot" (ISBN 097105603X)

Timothy B. Benford of Mountain­side, an exceptionally talented professional writer, has conspired to write a book that integrates fact and fiction in such a way that a reader often cannot tell the difference. It was published by American Book Publishers.

Those who are interested in the late Princess Diana have their own ideas and thoughts about her tumultuous life and her tragic death. The rumors and theories are put to rest once and for all in novel form and a reader can relax with such a book, vaguely leaving the responsibilities of truth and fiction to its author.

However, Benford is meticulous about what is fact and what is fiction after the story is told and, at the end of the book, the fictional and factual characters are identified in two brief sections called First Epilogue and Sec­ond Epilogue.

Among them is Archie Blair, a Secret Intelligence Service man, who belongs to Britain's Ml-6, assigned to shadow Diana in Paris, particularly in August 1997. This turned out to be the last time she was seen alive at the Ritz Hotel, where she had dinner with her fiancé, Dodi al Fayed.

Then there's the retired deputy director of SIS and its counterpart, MI-5, an internal security agency for the United Kingdom, Sir Warren Wormsley, head of 'The Committee', composed of loyal monarchists, who is inhuman­ly tireless in his surveillance of the princess and his ultimate, plans for her demise with the knowledge of the royals.

One would be hard-pressed to believe that the gorgeous Megan Price, with the flowing red hair, was a terrifying rogue agent for England. She not only turns heads with her extraordinary beauty, but easily breaks necks with the twist of a wrist.

Also working under the sinister Sir Warren is his friend and former government minister, Austin Smythe-Pembrooke. One of the most interesting characters in the book is Bat Lynch, a former American Army captain, who worked closely with Blair during Operation Desert Storm, and who is a CIA agent.

It seems that everyone is involved in an intricate plot to kill Diana, the princess of Wales. The book meticulously covers every angle of her personality: her utter disappointment in her husband, Prince Charles, who openly continues a relationship with his lover, Camilla Parker-Bowles; her many illicit relationships with other men in her life; her desperate attempt to keep her sons, William, heir apparent to the throne, and Harry, with her in her life; her illnesses and her idiosyncrasies. She comes to life as a human being, via Benford, and a reader is able to take a long, intricate look at a princess who is a woman in every way.

The story painstakingly takes a reader, familiar with facts, hungry for more information, on a stormy journey with its inevitable, utterly final end.

The settings are real and realistic, particularly on the isle of Nevis,' where the princess and her sons vacation, and in Paris, the City of Lights, where her Life ended.

Benford, who has written a number of books, including "The Royal Family Quiz & Fact Book," is so knowledgeable about the Royal Family that he dares to unveil his interpretation of what might have happened on that fatal night in the tunnel.

It's a real page turner, but this reviewer is puzzled about where place it on the shelf— the fiction section or the factual book section. Perhaps on both?
--30--[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana Pics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: