Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index
::: powered by Princess-Diana.com :::
Diana, Princess of Wales
A place to have discussions, share information and post pictures about Princess Diana

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Al Fayed welcomes photographers' fines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News Princess Diana News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Al Fayed welcomes photographers' fines Reply with quote

Al Fayed welcomes photographers' fines
19:00pm 22nd February 2006

Harrods tycoon Mohamed Al Fayed has welcomed the fining of three French photographers for invading the privacy of Diana, Princess of Wales, and his son Dodi on the night they died.
Mr Al Fayed insisted the ruling in the Court of Appeal in Paris put in doubt the validity of the French investigation into their deaths - even though the court made the photographers pay a token sum of 68 pence.

The millionaire, who believes the couple was murdered, filed the invasion of privacy complaint and said that each battle he fought was taking him closer to the truth.

The three photographers were told to pay the token sum of 1 euro each (68p) for taking pictures of Diana and Dodi on the night of August 31, 1997.

The case focused on three photos of them leaving the Ritz Hotel by car and three after the fatal car crash in the Pont D'Alma tunnel.

Mr Al Fayed said in a statement: "I have always said that Judge Stephan was wrong. His investigation was deeply flawed and his findings perverse.

"It is deeply disappointing that I am having to fight for so long and on so many fronts in order to get to the truth, but I am encouraged by the fact that each battle I fight takes me a step nearer to the truth, despite all the opposition and hostility that I encounter from those in power.

"I am also encouraged by the overwhelming support I receive from the British public. This lovely couple were murdered, with the paparazzi being used as a cover for the murder, and sooner or later I will succeed in exposing the full facts, and the people who committed such a horrendous crime."

Jacques Langevin, Christian Martinez and Fabrice Chassery were acquitted of invasion of privacy in 2003 after judges ruled that a crashed vehicle on a public highway is not a private area.

But France's highest court disagreed in a ruling last April and sent the case to the Paris appeals court for review. The appeals court fined the men the symbolic 1 euro sum in a ruling last Friday, which has just been announced.
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say this but i feel that Mohamed Al Fayed has been using his son and Diana's death as news over these past years. Be it the statue for the both of them, reopening of the case and this fine thing as well....... hmm i wonder if his business is going into bad shape that he had to resort to his tactics to gain some business for himself or what?

What the point in keep reminding how they have died? It's tragedy enough even if we did find the truth and so capture the right people, it won't ever bring back Diana that we most loved..... Crying or Very sad
hoopslife is offline View user's profile Send private message

loopylou
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it won't bring her back but he is a father who lost a son, he is still grieving.

I think he just wants the truth as to how and why they died, I am sure any normal father would Sad
loopylou is offline View user's profile Send private message

Amy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's good that he's fighting to get to the truth i hope he doesn't get murdered himself though
Amy is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

loopylou
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, he must be worried, but it's great he isn't just giving up
loopylou is offline View user's profile Send private message

hoopslife
Forum Member
Forum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True..... hopefully he did get what he's after after all the trouble he took. But i really wonder, is there any possibilities? Well, it could, hopefully.
hoopslife is offline View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diana, Princess of Wales Forum Index -> Princess Diana News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: